A New Semester of our Saturday Arts Academy!
Registration is still open for new students on a rolling basis. You do not have to have any experience to register for these classes.
Saturday Arts Academy will include two offerings, Introduction to Dance and Introduction to Instrumental Music for middle school students. Here are some details:
- Registration for classes will begin on Saturday October 10, 2020.
- All classes will be streamed LIVE every Saturday morning from 10 am to 12 noon.
- This program and all classes are available FREE OF CHARGE.
- Access classes via any computer or mobile device with internet access
- We ask that all participants give 100% commitment once enrolled in one or more of our classes.
- Registration is ongoing. Register now at: https://bit.ly/35R2kTC
OUR CLASS OFFERINGS:
INTRODUCTION TO DANCE with Erynn Teena
A graduate of Renaissance High School and Michigan State University, Erynn Teena danced with the Detroit Pistons Dancers and is the owner of Infinity Dance Studio. Erynn has comprehensive expertise in a wide variety of dance styles and extensive experience in the classroom.This dance class has been designed for beginning dancers who may have little or no prior dance experience. The class will teach a fusion of modern, jazz and hip hop techniques.
INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC with Duane Parham
Saxophonist Duane Parham is one of Detroit’s most beloved jazz artists. He is recognized as an innovator and top performer in Smooth Jazz, R&B and Gospel Music. Along with his professional pursuits he finds time to share his gifts with young people. He has taught music at Marygrove College and St. Ambrose Academy Middle School.
The instrumental music class is designed for students with little or no prior experience who have a desire to learn how to read and perform music using provided recorders.
If you have any questions about the dance and instrumental music classes reach out to Gina Ellis, our Arts Academy Coordinator. email@example.com
There will also be classes available in visual art, acting and vocal music. Those classes will be offered by our Saturday Arts Academy at Home partners, the College for Creative Studies and Mosaic Youth Theater.