We are really looking forward to our safe re-opening of the Carr Center Gallery next Saturday, July 10th.
Our exciting and newest exhibit, GRAILS: The Sole and Black Culture had to close due to the Governor’s Stay at Home orders surrounding COVID-19, but we are thrilled to be back and open for business!
GRAILS , is an exhibit that explores the images, designs and stories of people who covet, collect, create and consume sneakers. The exhibit will re-open for an extended run at the new Carr Center Gallery, 15 E. Kirby St, in the heart of Detroit’s cultural district.
Gallery hours for opening day ONLY, will be NOON – 7 pm.
Normal gallery hours will be NOON – 5 pm, Wednesday – Saturday.
Click on the link below to get your first-come, first-serve free timed tickets.
Be sure to check out our message from Carr Center President Oliver Ragsdale from our website homepage. He outlines all the new safety protocols we have put in place for our gallery visitors.
Please be aware of the following new procedures to ensure the health and well being of our patrons while visiting the gallery:
- Visitor access to the exhibit will be limited and controlled
- Hand sanitizer will be provided
- There will be frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces
- Guided pathways will be outlined to ensure safe traffic patterns while inside of the gallery
- Signage will be posted to remind everyone of preventative safety precautions like social distancing, frequent handwashing and personal health assessments
- Masks will be REQUIRED to enter and visit the gallery.
Welcome back to the Carr Center Gallery!