The Carr Center and Comcast have partnered to bring groundbreaking Black musical performances to more than 1 million Michigan Xfinity video customers directly on their cable television and Internet-connected devices.
Comcast will air “The Carr Center Presents” which includes their 8-part original and critically acclaimed jazz concert series, “Duos & Duets,” with musical direction by Terri Lyne Carrington.
The concerts can be viewed on Xfinity’s Comcast Network 900 (CN 900), the Xfinity Stream app, or via Xfinity On Demand. Just say “Carr Center Presents” into the Xfinity X1 voice remote to access the On Demand content.
Program titles include:
- A Poet’s Poet: The Legacy of Naomi Long Madgett
- The Gathering Orchestra in Concert
- Duos & Duets: with Terri Lyne Carrington and Danilo Perez
- Duos & Duets with Ben Williams & Marcus Williams plus their guest Jean Baylor
- Duos & Duets with Ms. Lisa Fischer and Louis Cato
- Duos & Duets with Patrice Rushen & Billy Childs
- Duos & Duets with Thornetta Davis and friends
- Duos & Duets with Jack DeJohnette & Terri Lyne Carrington plus their guest Matthew Garrison
- Duos & Duets with Terri Lyne Carrington, Danilo Pérez & their guest Sonia Sanchez
- The Gathering Orchestra Nonet in Concert
“We are honored to partner with Comcast, one of the leading cable broadcasters in the country and the Midwest,” said Oliver Ragsdale, Jr., President and CEO of the Carr Center “There is a cultural shift happening in Michigan and especially in the city of Detroit. We look forward to continuing our wide range and diverse programming series to a broader broadcast audience.”
“The Comcast audience will be among the first to experience the Duo & Duets series featuring some of the top names and legendary artists in jazz,” Ragsdale continues. “And there will be more unique and special programming in the upcoming fall and winter seasons.”
“We strive to offer our customers the largest variety of content,” said Shannon Dulin, Comcast
manager of government affairs in Detroit. “We are thrilled to work with the Carr Center to further our
company-wide mission of showcasing diverse content on our platforms, including original local
programming that showcases and celebrates African American artists.”